Daniel Fast

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Today David and I are starting the Daniel Fast.  You can read more about it here. http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/ I have been feeling for awhile that I needed to do a fast but I kept putting it off for various reasons.  I have tried to fast before only to give up on the first or second day. I am addicted to coffee in every sense of the word.  So while I know this won't be easy I have a clear purpose this time.  When your child is sick you have so many voices coming at you from all directions, from doctors, friends, family and the internet telling you how best to treat them.  I have a constant battle going on inside my head about Paloma and how to best care for her.  I need to hear from God.  I need to set apart this time to pray and listen.  I don't say all this to brag, only to encourage other parents out there if you are feeling overwhelmed by what path to follow when it comes to your child's health take some time to focus and pray see where you are lead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment