Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I came across this quote today and it struck me. 

"Do not resent your place in the story. Do not imagine yourself elsewhere. Do not close your eyes and picture a world without thorns, without shadows, without hawks. Change this world. Use your body like a tool meant to be used up, discarded, and replaced. Better every life you touch. We will reach the final chapter. When we have eyes that can stare into the sun, eyes that only squint for the Shekinah, then we will see laughing children pulling cobras by their tails, and hawks and rabbits playing tag."

-Nate Wilson 


How often we forget this life is not the end? Some days I hardly believe in a new world at all, and some days I long for a place where babies don't suffer and pain is no longer the norm.   But, if  I let myself focus too much on the thorns, I forget my place here in the present and my current mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment