Changes...

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Today I spent the morning enrolling the kids in a charter school they were accepted into for next fall and I sent off my many, many transcripts to the local university for my enrollment.  They have a BA creative writing program which I haven't seen at too many colleges.  

I have no idea how I will make it work.  I can't put Paloma in day care and I can't rely on David for help.  But it's one of those things I don't know how I'm going to do it but I have to try.  I know some sacrifices will have to be made in order for it to work but I'm willing to give up my free time which these days is mostly spent drinking and watching t.v. Albeit good t.v., I've made my way through the entire Mad Men series in a couple of months but still, I am tired of watching other people's stories.  It's time to write my own.  

You can not be a good writer if you don't read in my humble opinion, so my goal is to write early in the morning before Paloma wakes and read at night instead of binge watching t.v.  Here is my list of books to read in the very near future.  



The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath (reread) 
Anais Nin's Diary
Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
Joan Didion - Year of Magical Thinking
Just Kids - Patti Smith
The Sun Also Rises - Hemingway 
In Search of our Mother's Gardens - Alice Walker
The Brothers Karamazov
 






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and I look forward to reading your posts. I think it's great that you're going back to school -- I get the sense that you're going through some tumultuous times, and nurturing some part of yourself is a good thing. I hope your little one responds to the CBD, too. Let me know if I can help in any way ---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and I look forward to reading your posts. I think it's great that you're going back to school -- I get the sense that you're going through some tumultuous times, and nurturing some part of yourself is a good thing. I hope your little one responds to the CBD, too. Let me know if I can help in any way ---

    ReplyDelete